- Check our Facebook Page for current promotions!
- Horseback riding runs May through October.
- Please arrive a minimum of 20 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Please call ahead in inclement weather.
- We have beautiful shaded trails.
- We recommend pants and covered toe shoes but you may come as you are.
- Other days and hours may be available by reservation for large groups (20 or more).
- Booking horseback rides online is fast and easy and guarantees your spot.
- We will accommodate walk-ins as we are able but there are a limited number of horses available for each ride. Guests who don’t book ahead will often have to wait an hour or two; sometimes we are not able to accommodate them at all. Booking online is highly recommended!
- Management reserves the right to refuse customers from participating in equestrian activities who, in our opinion, are not physically able, with a reasonable degree of safety, to perform such activities.
- WARNING: Under the Michigan Equine Activity Liability Act an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or death of a participant in an equine activity resulting from the inherent risk of the equine activity.
- We often get asked if we have a weight limit. We look at a height/weight combination rather than just weight. A guest that is tall and heavy will have a much different center of gravity than someone who is short and heavy. We find guests who are short and heavy have a very difficult time balancing on top of a large horse. We cannot discriminate based on weight but do reserve the right to refuse guests from participating who, in our opinion, are not physically able with a reasonable degree of safety to participate. We also have to take into consideration the health and well-being of our animals. We will start to get concerned about guest and animal safety somewhere around 250-260lbs, unless the guest is quite tall.
Riders Ages 1-2
Children ages one to two years old may ride double in the saddle with an adult or one of our staff. This is a general guideline and is based on a number of factors including the size and weight of the child and adult. Please don’t try to pass your four-year-old off as a two-year-old.
A child riding double in the saddle with an adult is $15 and this rate is limited to children ages one to two.
Riders Ages 3 and Up
Children three years and older must ride on their own horse or pony. For those that are too young or unable to control their own horse (generally seven years old and younger), we will control the horse for them by attaching a rope to their horse and leading them along the trail. All they have to do is sit and enjoy the ride.
Many parents are hesitant to let their small children ride on their own horse or pony being led, but this is the safest and most enjoyable way for the children to ride.